Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No sugar tonight in my coffee, no sugar tonight in my tea.

Look, I don't know if I've somehow instigated a self-fulfilling prophecy or something, but Lila is rocking. I mean rocking. Kelsey is confidently under the impression that all that movement is an enthusiastic approval of Girl Scout Thin Mints, but you know what I think? I think she knows that I know she rocks. And you all know she rocks. And she's having a rave in there just to let us know she's going to bring the rock when she emerges, screaming with rock fists in the air.

Seriously, she moves. From across the couch last night I saw Kelsey's tummy bounce and reverberate like a timpani head in some some kind of twisted Anne Geddes nightmare orchestra where all the instruments have babies inside. I know, I know. Weird, but kind of awesome. And in my fascination with the new, busier movements of my first to-be-born, I completely neglected to check to see if she was in rhythm. Maybe I'll play some music and tap some beats on Kelsey's belly button to see if Lila responds. It's only a matter of time before we start a family band and tour the country (and you will be invited).

That's about all the updates for now- Kelsey's getting checked for gestational diabetes this week, so it's possible we'll be an all diabetic household for the next few months. Joy. Let's hope not, because Lila apparently loves Thin Mints, and the only road from cookies to her is through her mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the blog! Let us know out the Thin Mint situation...

Caren

michelle said...

praying for you all and definately praying that the thin mints can stay! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy, but the thin mints in the DQ blizzard is even better.
I hope all is well at your drs. appt. Keep us informed. Miss you, Katy