Monday, March 8, 2010

Our baby's the cutest


Thanks to the suggestions from our friends after our blog about bath time problems, we finally took the scream out of clean. Here's proof:

See? Happy! And way cute. Seriously, our baby's the cutest. She smiles. She laughs. She squawks. Oddly enough, changing her diapers has become a highlight of my day because it's when we have our best conversations. She coos and clucks at me and I make a fool of myself in imitation of her noises. The girl loves being naked. We're hoping she grows out of that in time for kindergarten.

I love getting her up from her naps. If it's been a good one, she grins at me and her bink falls out of her mouth. Sometimes she has scooted her swaddled self (a-la caterpillar or inch worm) all the way to the foot of her crib. I un-velcro her swaddle and her arms pop up into a stretch like they're spring-loaded. Cutest thing ever.

AND our girl is very talkative. She'll have full conversations with herself for several minutes: "a-gah, ooh, ah, wah, ow, gah, wah, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ah, wah, a-gah, a-gah." I think she's reciting the preamble. We, the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union... Very smart. Genius probably.

She'll spend 30 minutes on her play mat talking to the elephant or batting at the plastic chains that hang from the arches. The other day she managed to grasp a link in one of the chains and had it in a death grip in her tiny fist, flailing it around. She gave me this look as if to say, "I have no idea how this happened, but I'm not screwing it up now!" I can see her focusing hard on moving her hands the way she wants them to move and the other day she stared at her twitching feet for several minutes as if she was realizing that they were a part of her body. Our baby girl is growing up so fast. Eric tells her to stop growing every day, but in her first act of defiance, she seems older every morning despite his scolding. Older and cuter. If that's even possible.

Oh, and Jellycat and Lila are best friends:

5 comments:

Jessica Kahler said...

oh my goodness she is, she really is the very cutest. oh my goodness. there are no babies as cute as this one. none. sorry people but it's over. she's the cutest. she's so cute it hurts.
oh my goodness.
i just love her.
and of course lila and jelly cat are best friends....it's because jelly cat smells like her favorite fun aunt. me of course.

Anonymous said...

Yay yay! More pictures! She is getting oh so big and cute...we need come to KC. Thanks for sharing, friends!!

Bonnie

Stacey said...

love the inchworm imagery! and that post-bath pic is too much. hope you guys are doing great!

the blakemans

Kelsey said...

BONNIE! Yes! Come visit! Or better yet...MOVE HERE! Any updates on Tim's job hunt??

Katy said...

I so Totally love the new pics, she is really, really cute. Thanks for the update on Lila.
♥Katy