Saturday, January 29, 2011

the sass factor

I'm having a hard time knowing how to parent my little mini-teenager whose mood swings are just as unpredictable and just as dramatic as a PMSing fifteen-year-old.  We got home from our retreat in Colorado on Monday and it's been downhill from there.  A bunch of us got sick toward the end of our trip so I keep wondering if Lila's not feeling well.  She hasn't had a fever or any other symptom that would indicate sickness other than being very emotional and a decrease in appetite, so I just don't know how to respond when she plops down in sobs over not being able to get the lid off the Cheerios container.  I waver back and forth between being sympathetic and saying "Oh, come on!  You're FINE!"

All that to say, I've been exhausted (and yes, sick AGAIN - in case you're keeping track, that's two flus and three colds since October!  Would you please save the date for my pity party?) so I don't have a lot to write about, but I just wanted to give you a little look into the sassiness I've been dealing with these last few days:
isn't she cute?
More updates to come when we're all on the mend - including the much anticipated birthday party pictures!  Yahoo!

6 comments:

Katy said...

aawww Kelsey, I am so sorry you and Lila are not feeling well again.
She looks adorable in that high chair with her cheerios. Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do!
Katy

Jessica Blake said...

she's just so damn cute. tell lj i miss seeing her everyday! (and you too of course.)

pinktulips said...

Evy has been acting THE SAME WAY! AHHHHHHH. Serenity now! Loss of appetite and whining like none other, and crying at anything and everything that doesn't match up with what she thinks is right and fair! I ask her what hurts and she points to her leg and says, "rub it mama." HU? Hope you get well soon... no more sickness! ally

Caley and Patrick said...

Thank you for your blog...It is helping me not be so naive about parenthood...I need that. Whenever I feel like I have all the answers I say to myself, "Remember Kelsey, she's a great mom and doesn't have all the answers so you won't either." And when my little one is going through the same phase yours is I will think to myself, "Remember Kelsey, she got through it so you will too." I appreciate you. Thank you for helping prepare me for the giant uncharted territory of parenthood! Get well soon!

Kelsey said...

Awww thanks, Caley! THAT is a huge reason I continue to blog-so that other mommies know they aren't the only ones feeling like they have no idea what they are doing! That and blogging gives me the verbal processing outlet that keeps me sane! Or mostly sane. Sane-ish. You will be a great mom and you will make it through each stage beautifully, too!

jordanne said...

I can just hear the noise coming from her little body right now. In every way that picture is perfect.