Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 13

28 Things to Love about Lila
Day 13

Your daddy.  This may be my very favorite thing about you.  You wouldn't be you without your daddy.  I love him so much and I love every part of you that is like him (like your easy-going nature, your love of music, your sense of humor, your affectionate side, your love of doggies, etc, etc).  Today is your daddy's birthday so I want to take this opportunity to tell you what I love about the man who gave me you - your awesome daddy!  

video


Your daddy is thoughtful and creative.  He is sincere and passionate. He is teachable and humble.  He is strong and good.  He is selfless and serving.  He is wise and insightful.  


He calls my bluff.  He takes care of us.  He serves me well.  He never complains.  He loves Jesus.  He teaches me about loving selflessly.  He sets a powerful example of a man of God.  


He is a peacemaker, a musician, an artist, a friend, a leader, a listener, a disciple.  He is a hard worker, a reliable friend, and a loyal husband.  


Your daddy loves me more than I ever expected to be loved by my husband and he loves you just as much.  When I asked him what his ideal birthday would be, it started with having a daddy daughter date with you and ended with having a husband and wife date with me.  


He puts our interests before his own.  He gives up his time to help his friends.  He makes awesome videos to celebrate your life.  He changes your poopy diapers willingly.  He tears up when you are hurt. He loves coming home from work and seeing you looking out the window for him.  

Lila, your daddy is the best one.  You are so lucky.  You can trust him.  You can count on him. You can confide in him.  You can follow his example.  I am so glad he is your daddy and I know you are, too.




5 comments:

LA said...

I love this post. Hooray for men who are (or will be) good daddys!

Katy said...

That is so precious!!
Happy Birthday Eric!

cari said...

This is a good one. You have a good one! And you deserve a good one!

Sarah said...

def teared up a bit on this one. I love your family!! :)

Anonymous said...

good one! and i agree!!!
the mother- in -law that loves her son-in- law oh so
much and feels so comfortable around him that she can burp really loudly