Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 18

28 Things to Love about Lila
Day 18

How much I love you even when you aren't being all that lovable.  Today was a hard day.  I'm just going to say it.  You threw lots of fits and are perfecting your temper tantrums.  They start with a high pitched squeal of protest, then you go completely limp, then your face turns red, the tears come and you flop onto the floor in a pathetic heap.  The first few rounds I thought it was cute that you were developing a little opinion.  However after the 15th time I left you flopping around on the floor I looked at the clock and realized it was only 10:45am and thought, okay, I'm over this now.  Your life was apparently over because I wouldn't let you do acrobatics off the couch and I was becoming grouchier by the minute.  

The dog didn't do me any favors when she puked all over the couch (she's not supposed to be up there in the first place!) and then again in the kitchen.  At 3:00 I texted your daddy the following message: Dog threw up again.  Come home :(  Good thing Aunt Jess came over to save the day.  She let me take a quick nap (I begged her for 5 more minutes and she obliged, grumbling, "Lila, your mommy is so spoiled.") which probably saved my life.  You cried when she left and you looked at me like, "You let her leave? Are you going to keep ruining my life like this from now on?"  Yes I am.  That's my job as your mommy - to ruin all of your good times.  

Despite the rotten day we had, I couldn't help but kiss your cheeks and hug you and snuggle you and smile at you and tickle you and watch you in amazement and brag about you to your aunt all day long.  And now I'm regretting how eager I was to pass you off to your daddy when he came home.  I'm wishing I hadn't let him put you to bed without me tonight because I missed that last sleepy snuggle.  Please never interpret my grumpy moods for a commentary on how much I love you!  I love you so so much - even when we have terrible horrible no good very bad days.  
The look on your face in this picture says it all

3 comments:

Katy said...

awww! It is so hard when a mommy has a hard day and all you want to do is snuggle with your little one and that sometimes is not what is on her/his agenda. Been there Kelsey,Lila will always know you love her to the moon and back. :)

Jami Nato said...

rough days make those normal days seem phenomenal, huh?!

rachel porter said...

that last line...that was my favorite book when i was little. i knew i had issues :)