Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3

28 Things to Love about Lila
Day 3

Your little rebellious nature.  You know where you aren't supposed to go and things you aren't supposed to get into and you go right for them with every opportunity you have.  But you look back at me like, "Mama, I'm about to go play in the doggy's food dish.  Isn't that naughty?  Aren't I really cute the way I know that I'm being naughty and I do it anyway?  Aren't you going to stop me?"  Sometimes a stern, "Li-LA" is enough to get you to repent, but most of the time I have to chase you down and scold you.  Usually though I'm holding back a smile because you are giggling at the little game in which I so willingly participate.  You know why I play your little game?  It's because I love you too much to let you eat dog food.  And also it's so crazy cold and snowy out and I'd really rather not be driving through the blizzard to the ER when you ingest 409.  But mostly because I love you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you.  Ever.


Even when you act like a teenager by making a mess of your room and closing the door in my face.

video

3 comments:

LA said...

Yep this is most officially my favorite month. Not only because my birthday is this month, valentines day, and sometimes spring begins to show...(and maybe I will begin to show more too) But now it is my favorite because I get 28 whole days of Lila! Your voice when you say "oh did you empty your drawers" is hilarious! I can't wait for the day my 1 year old daughter shuts her door on me! So glad im having a girl too!

Katy said...

That is the hilarious! I love it! Thanks for sharing, I love coming home at night and being able to watch Lila. Tony is enjoying it too!

Mr. Colorful said...

Dog food is not harmful! In fact some brands of dog food taste good. I've even heard from a few medical professionals and at least one nutritionist that just eating dog food or cat food would be a fairly good way of getting a decently balanced diet. Thus I have to recommend that you just let her eat the dog food.

409 I have no knowledge of.

When she starts getting into elmer's glue just let her go, if she likes the taste she'll just go for it more and if not then she'll stop. Elmers is not toxic, a couple friends from elementary school that ate it with me turned out normal.