Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lila's first sleepover

The Husband and I took a much-needed night away this weekend to celebrate our 5th anniversary (a few weeks late).  That means that Lila also had her first over-night away from home.  Her first night away from us.  Our first night away from her.  It was very sad.  For me.  She was fine.

I had to practically hold her down to give her a hug and kiss goodbye because she was more interested in the toys at Nanny and Pop's house.  She gave me this little apathetic wave...it was really more like waving me off.  "Mo-ommmm!  I'm fiiinnnne!  Just go already!" (That's her teenager voice I'm projecting on her.)  As I was waving goodbye for the 5th time, my mom said to me, "Kelsey, you don't really want to go, do you?"  It was obvious to everyone in the room that this was harder for Mama than it was for Lila.

And she did great.  She rocked it actually.  She went to bed without a peep, barely stirred all night and woke up smiling at 8:30 this morning.  When we came back to pick her up this morning, she was walking down the sidewalk with her Pop and I just about jumped out of the car and ran to her.  I picked her up and she wrapped her little arms around my neck and said, "Mommy!  Yeah-Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy! Mommy-Daddy?  Daddy? Daddy?  Daddy-yeah-Daddy?"  Well, at least I got a couple of "mommies" out of her before she was moving on to her favorite guy in the world.

I took these pictures to document the occasion (yes, I'm that mom):
all packed for Lila's first sleepover

Cheesy smile: Lila right before we left for Nanny and Pop's house
All in all, the weekend went better than expected...despite Eric and I spending the first 45 minutes fighting.  Of course.  Doesn't that always happen?  That Enemy we have just takes every opportunity to steal, kill and destroy the things that bring us life.  Thankfully, we have a Father who is faithful to help us defeat those sneak-attacks and we got over it pretty quickly and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  And I only called to check on Lila three times.  I think that's pretty good.

Thanks, Nanny and Pop for watching the Baby Girl.  You're the best.

Thanks, Baby Girl for, in Pop's words, "Winning the award for Easiest Child."  We missed you more than you missed us, I'm sure.

Thanks, Husband for a fun date night and five years of loving me.  I love you!

Thanks, Abba for fighting our fights for us, for maintaining our marriage and for blessing us beyond measure.  You are good.

2 comments:

Katy said...

awww, good for you two. Tony still hasn't had a night away from us! HMM!! He will be five in December,so maybe soon he will have a sleepover!
love you guys, K

Jami Nato said...

good for you! it's always harder for the mama...