Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh, Yi-ya

A couple months ago, Lila started saying, "Oh, Yi-ya" to herself whenever she would trip or drop something or just to get a good laugh out of the Husband and me.  She evidently has been paying attention to the many, many times I've caught her in the act of doing something destructive or dangerous or messy and muttered, "Oh, Lila" to myself.  It's pretty cute when she says it.

But today, I was saying it a lot.  And so, as a little break from our New Story (which perhaps should have been called the "Long, Long Story"), I bring you two "Oh, Yi-ya" moments from today:

The Yogurt Incident
I gave her yogurt to get started on while I got the rest of her lunch ready.  She was doing pretty well so I let her keep at it while I tidied the house a bit.  The next time I looked around, I saw this:

Not only did the clean up of this necessitate the use of 5 paper towels and two wipes, it also required a diaper change as there was strawberry yogurt coating the front of her diaper.  As you can see, she was very concerned about the mess she had made.  Oh, did I say concerned?  I meant ambivalent.  "What?  Is there something on my face?"  No, Lila, there's something on your entire body.

The Acting Class
During one of the many fits I witnessed today, Lila walked into our room, stood in front of our full-length mirror and proceeded to watch herself wail pathetically for nearly five minutes.  She was more than a little perturbed that I wasn't sufficiently moved by her performance.  The fact that I was laughing at her and taking pictures probably gave me away.  But I just had to document it so I could share it with you:
I anticipate her teenage years with a healthy bit of trepidation.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That is so stinking cute, I love her expression with yogurt all over her, I laughed out loud. She will be a handful in a few more years! I so love it! I am also very thankful I have a boy!!!LOL