Oh boy, have we got a lot to learn. And we are learning, so thanks for bearing with us! We have learned of a way to avoid the PayPal fees and I'll explain that in this post.
But before I get into the PayPal tutorial, I wanted to mention our new fundraising thermometer (on the right hand side). We've seen this on a few other blogs and thought it would be a great way to help you all track how close we are to our goals. We will be working toward several smaller goals throughout the process to try to make our massive $25,000 goal feel a little more attainable. Our first goal of $1500 will cover our application fee (the $900 I mentioned here) and the first half of our home study (due before we can begin the home study process). We will update the thermometer regularly - at least once a week - so you can see how we are progressing toward our goal.
Okay, on to the tutorial...
As we mentioned here, PayPal transactions by credit card are subject to a fee. To avoid this fee, you will have to donate from a balance on your PayPal account or through your bank account. Here's how to do that in seven easy steps:
1a. If you do not have a PayPal account, go to www.paypal.com to set one up.
1b. If you have an account, sign in with your email address and password.
2. Make sure you have a bank account set up on your PayPal account. If you need to add a bank account, choose "Add or Edit Bank Account" under the Profile tab. If you already have an account set up, continue to step three.
3. Choose the Send Money tab at the top of the page
4. Enter our email address, - makewayfortheawesomekid(at)gmail(dot)com - and the amount you would like to donate.
5. Click on the Personal tab and make sure "Gift" is selected
6. Click Continue which will take you to a final screen where you can review your donation and select your Payment Method. PayPal should automatically select your PayPal account if you have a balance to cover your donation. If you would rather pay by bank account, click Change and select eCheck (which pays out of your bank account).
7. If the payment method you prefer is selected, clickSend Money.
That's it! Easy enough, right? Thank you for taking the extra steps so that we can put the full amount of your donation toward our adoption! We can't say enough how grateful we are for your help in bringing our sweet Ethiopian baby home!
P.S. We have 22 puzzle pieces pledged! Almost a quarter of the way to our goal of 100 pieces in two weeks! Thank you!