Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lila's pink step stool

Lila has a little pink stool that she loves to stand on and peek out the window.  She has eagle eyes to spot birdies, the mailman, trucks driving by, any visitors, and Daddy coming home.  Recently, Franny has taken to utilizing the stool, too which is usually met by a severe scolding from Lila, "No-no-no-no-no-no, Doggie!" 

Today however, Franny spotted the mailman before Lila did and was on high alert (I think it had something to do with the fact that he was not our usual mailman and he had what appeared to be a wet towel on his head under his hat - I assume to combat the ridiculous heat we've had).  Franny's tense barking clued Lila in and she joined the Doggie on her perch.  It was pretty cute:

And yes, once again, she's not wearing pants.  Because, what's the point?  It's 109 degrees out.  We are NOT leaving this house.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I scored that stool on Black Friday for $6.50 and every time I see it in Target  for $16.99, I remind Eric of my shrewd bargain-hunting skills.  "See, Honey!  $16.99!  And I got it for $6.50!" He's always very impressed and never counters with, "I know.  You've told me."

Still, $6.50!  And look at all the cuteness that's come out of it!

1 comment:

Katy said...

That is too cute Kelsey and hilarious the way both their little feet(paws) are on the stool!