Friday, September 16, 2011

I wish I could...but I can't

I wish I could say that I didn't take out my frustration of having two non-napping babies this afternoon on my daughter who was enjoying herself a little too much (and too loudly) when she was supposed to be sleeping...but I can't. (I apologized to her later, but based on the look on her face I think she thought she was in trouble again because I was saying all the same words I say when she is in trouble...wrong, sorry, forgive, etc)

I wish I could say that I brushed my teeth before 4:00 today...but I can't.

I wish I could say that I changed out of my PJs before Eric got home from work...but I can't.

I wish I could say that I came home from getting coffee tea with a friend at 10:00 tonight and went to bed at a reasonable hour instead of stopping at Quik Trip for a Dr. Pepper on the way home, putting a Party Pizza in the oven, and watching 30 Rock with the Husband...but I can't.

I wish I could say that I did the 30 Day Shred during Lila's nap yesterday instead of sitting in bed eating three monster cookies and watching the Bachelor Pad...but I can't.

Admittedly, some are more regrettable than others.

3 comments:

LA said...

oh the bachelor pad...trash tv at it's finest. yet somehow even though i can't believe and don't want to admit that i watched it at all i did! I too am guilty of eating cookies and watching crap tv.

Katy said...

Aw, kelsey, we all have those bad days! Lila forgives and forgets quickly, as that is what children do!

Becky said...

This sounds similar to a list I might make... :-)