Friday, October 7, 2011

Lila's latest accomplishment

After a week straight of spending 10-20 minutes a day trying to put her shoes on by herself, this morning I heard Lila exclaim from the other room, "Good job, Yi-ya!"

Soon after I hear the telltale tha-thump, tha-thump, tha-thump of a toddler wearing only one shoe.  And she emerged around the corner with a proud grin on her face.

"Did you put your shoe on all by yourself?!" I asked, making sure she could hear my excitement for her in my voice.

"Yeah!" she said proudly.

"Lila!  Good job!  I'm so proud of you!"

"Yeah!"

It's so fun to get to celebrate those little accomplishments of independence with her.
(sorry about the bad iphone photo)
on the correct foot and everything!


3 comments:

suz said...

HA! i love that she first compliments herself...precious! :)

eric said...

Oooooooooooh, I'm so proud. Stupid job that I have to go to every day. I miss that kid.

Katy said...

she is just too cute for words! Great job Lila!!