Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 13

29 Things to Love about Lila
Day 13
(Happy Birthday Daddy/Husband!)

Your daddy.  As I said last year, my favorite thing about you is who your daddy is.  If I could pick any man in the world to be the daddy of my babies, I would pick your daddy again and again.

Your daddy excels at his two most important jobs: Husband and Father.  

He is selfless.  He always puts our needs, our desires, our preferences - big or small - before his own.  No one knows how to love better than your daddy. (On his birthday, he let me sleep in because he wanted to have a Daddy-Daughter date with you this morning!  He must really love us!)

Your daddy is a hard worker.  He has amazing work ethic.  He puts his best effort into his job every day and he often works longer days than his job requires.  Then he comes home and cooks us dinner and helps me clean up the house and take care of you.  I often feel like I don't do my fair share, but it's only because your daddy so willingly does his fair share and more!

Your daddy is creative.  He is an amazing drummer, an awesome writer, a creative film-maker and has a witty sense of humor.  He has a unique and clever perspective on many things and I love hearing his ideas about the things he creates.

He is loyal.  I never ever worry about whether he will choose me each day as the object of his affection and you never need to worry about that either.  Your daddy is trustworthy and stable.  He is predictable in a good way.  He is true to his word.

Daddy is fun!  I don't need to be the one to tell you this!  You know it better than anyone!  He invents creative games with you, he chases you around the house, he allows you to "make" him pancakes or coffee in your play kitchen.  Your daddy knows that fun is important and he makes time to play.  (For Christmas he wanted a baseball mitt to keep in his car just in case someone ever wanted to play catch on a whim.  I found this very cute, by the way.)  He is intentional about play and recreation and that makes him a really fun daddy and husband!

I could go on and on about your daddy!

He is sensitive.  He is affectionate.  He is smart.  He is a problem-solver.  He is responsible.  He is intuitive.  He is passionate.  He is intentional.  He is a learner.  He is honest.  He is a good, good man.

Your daddy is the best.  But you know that already, don't you?  He's the very, very best.  And I'm so grateful that he's ours.

I love you, Husband.  Happy Birthday.  Thanks for choosing me and for loving us so well.  And Lila has one last thing to add: