Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 23

29 Things to Love about Lila
Day 23

Your hair.  I know this is a silly, superficial thing to love about you, but I just love your hair.  I think it stems back to my young adult dreams of what it would be like to have a little girl and do her hair and dress her like a little doll.  Of course the reality if mommyhood is nothing like I imagined as a young girl, but one of the things that persevered from fanciful hope to sweet reality is doing your hair.  Well, other than the fact that you won't sit still to enjoy our Mommy-Daughter bonding time.  Maybe someday.

We have lots of favorite hairstyles.  Here are some of our most common:
this was the most common last summer - it was a quick way to get your hair out of your face

piggy-tails!! So cute!

Little ponytail

One of my favorites: little side braid

Aunt Jess' favorite: piggy-tail buns

I just had to throw this one in here for fun.  We call it the Tunnel Slide Style

Messy bun

braided ponytail - another one of Mommy's favs

French braids
And a post about hair just wouldn't be complete without another posting of this video.  I just love it.  And someday I'll love doing your little brother or sister's hair.  And I hope he or she loves his or her hair as much as I will love it.  "My hair looks good in a cornrow!  It does so many things you know, that's why I let it grow!"

2 comments:

Stan, Dana, and Isaac said...

love the french braids... :)

anna said...

i think its totally ok to love lila's hair. probably bc i think it's totally ok to LOVE my hair. so maybe i'm not the best judge ;)