Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 25

29 Things to Love about Lila
Day 25

You are a big help! You love to help us.  Sometimes your help is not so helpful, but I appreciate the effort!

One of your favorite things to help with is emptying the dishwasher.  I've gotta give your Daddy credit for getting you involved in this little chore.  I would have just distracted you with something else while I took care of it, but he thought to involve you and you LOVE it!  At first, you just got to put all of your dishes away in your cabinet, but now you've graduated to helping put away your cups and our silverware (minus the knives), too!  It's so cute how you pull your little stool up to the cabinets so you can reach the drawers.  You give us a little running commentary as you put things away, "Dat goes dere.  Dis goes here!"  You even remember which section of our silverware tray holds the big forks and which holds the little forks.  My Mommy-Teacher mind goes nuts as I think about how brilliant your Daddy was to get you involved in this!  You're sorting and categorizing AND learning a life skill.  I just wonder how long you will still think it's fun....

Today your (awesome) Daddy was cleaning the kitchen and you wanted to help sweep, so you got your own little broom to "help."
 And then you wanted to take on the big mop.

I hope this penchant for cleaning keeps up!  I could use some help around the house!


No comments: