Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8

29 Things to Love about Lila
Day 8

You love to read.  You have always loved to read.  We love reading to you, but it is just painfully cute when you read to yourself.  Sometimes you'll disappear and I'll notice the house is way too quiet so I go to investigate expecting to find you doing something naughty only to discover you sitting quietly in your room reading books.  Sometimes I'm lucky enough to capture the effort on film:

Last summer, "reading" your Jesus Storybook Bible


And this one we captured sometime before Christmas this year, reading one of your favs - The Monster at the End of this Book


And more recently you pulled your little rocking chair into your room and set your baby doll on your lap so you could read to her the way I read to you.  This sent images forcibly into my head of you holding your baby brother or sister on your lap and reading to him or her!  Oh, my heart!  I love the way you make up words as you "read" books that you don't have memorized yet.



Of course, you're not actually reading any of these books.  You have many books memorized and you know them by the pictures.  I have such sweet memories of your Nanny reading to me and I can't wait until you're old enough to enjoy the Little House series or the American Girl books or the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA!!! Oh MAN! Am I going to love reading those with you!  Hopefully you'll still let me read to you at that point!



No comments: