Saturday, June 16, 2012

to the person who stole my iPhone today at our garage sale

Please give it back.  Please, please, please.  I have lots of pictures of my kiddo on there.  And my calendar.   And lots of other things I don't like having in the hands of a stranger.  Not to mention that I don't want to have to buy a new phone.

So, if you could just drop it in the mailbox tonight, that would be great.  No harm, no foul.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
the lady whose phone you stole

P.S. Anonymous, we know it was stolen because when we noticed it missing we called it and it had been turned off.  And we have a good idea when/how it happened.  And I KNOW, but I can't say how yet.

P.P.S. Intentionally leaving anonymous comments is possibly the lamest thing on the internet.  If you aren't willing to own your words, you probably shouldn't be saying typing them.

P.P.S.S. Anonymous, did you steal my iPhone?  Please give it back.  It's killing me that I may not get all those pictures of Lila back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you know it was stolen? perhaps you lost it...

Jewel said...

oh man, I am so sorry kelsey!! that is such a bummer. . . Also, I wanted to make it to the garage sale, but I was shooting a wedding. SO, please know I was in full support/wanted to be there to support you guys, but I couldn't.

Anonymous said...

wow. I am anonymous. I was just thinking/hoping that maybe it was missing...

the reason I haven't posted my name is b/c I don't know you. I've never met you in person. what's the point of me signing with my real name?

Kelsey said...

Oh, hello Anonymous. Please read my follow-up post in which I apologized to you for reacting out of stress and exhaustion. I took out on you the frustration and anger that I feel for the person who stole my phone. I'm sure you can understand having an unwarranted reaction when your resources are depleted. I appreciate your hope for me that my phone wasn't actually stolen. I understand now why you chose to be anonymous - but if you had left your name, perhaps we could have been having this conversation more privately instead of publicly on this blog. Can you re-read your first comment and see how it may have come across as more critical than hopeful? Anyway, thanks for reading.