Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mommies can be so mean sometimes...

*Someone* was offended that Mommy would want privacy while going to the bathroom this morning.



Also, that same Someone peed on my bed this morning which is why our mattress is bare in these photos.  I've got to get that kid potty-trained.*

*Does anyone have any tips for the last 10 yards of the potty training marathon?  She can hold it, tell me when she has to go, and enjoys sitting on the potty, but seems unable to go on command - even if she really has to go badly.  It's like there's a brain block when it comes to the conscious effort of going in the potty.  I welcome any advice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Kate and I used to go to the gathering and ran across your blog and have enjoyed reading it. You could have her put a straw in her mouth and blow out really slowly (or just have her purse her lips and blow out slowly and relax). Its an old trick on the Mother/Baby unit that I work on, somehow it helps you pee when you can't.

Kelsey said...

Oh thanks, Kate! We'll try it!

michelle said...

Can i just say i love that you captured this with photos...so funny! (But only because i didnt have to live it myself.) :D

As for the potty, warm water for her hand? ;) or maybe just the sound of water running?

Caley and Patrick said...

my friend just gave me a tip that she is going to put on her blog...Make them count to 25 while on the toilet. Apparently this is fool proof.