Sunday, November 11, 2012

An update in pictures

Well, we've been hard at work on our home study, but life also is carrying on in the midst of the mounds of paperwork.  Here's what we've been up to:
Lila got a new (to us) swing set.  She's been in heaven.  And so has Franny because she gets to hang out outside more often and torment the squirrels.  Or maybe they torment her.  Hard to tell.
 Lila found some leftover visors from a craft I did with my students last year.  She kept calling them her "caps" which I found hilarious.  Lila did not appreciate her Daddy's creative cap-wearing.
Lila got sick. Twice.  She had a fever and croup for a week, was well for a few days and then had a flu bug that knocked her out.  But this cuteness happened:
She was a little lamb for Halloween.  We had a hard time pinning down a costume.  She changed her mind every day.  She wanted to be everything from a fairy princess to a square (kinda hoped that one would be the winner because how funny would that have been!?).  In the end, we settled on a little lamb with a really jimmy-rigged costume that Mommy made by hot gluing the inside of a pillow to a shirt.  It shed fuzz-balls every time she moved or touched it.  A crafter, I am not.  Also, she was a grump...
 ...until she found her friend, Ruby and they whacked a balloon back and forth at each other...
 ...and I held Ruby's little sister and was loving my life.  Isn't she the prettiest?
 We played on our swing set some more.
 We went to Manhattan to visit our besties, the Walkers.  We went to the K-State tailgate and Lila's assessment of the marching band was (hands over her ears): TOO LOUD!
Love those two.
We've had lots of play dates with Ruby since we miss her and to give her mommy a break.  We went to Barnes and Noble on a cold day to play with the trains.
 But Ruby was more interested in the puppies she found.
 Puppy Godzilla!
Lila still makes her dolls fly when she plays with them.  She has long been frustrated that she doesn't have wings so I think she's living vicariously through her princesses.
 I let Lila play with my phone while I finished a conversation with a friend.  Later, I found this picture and several similar ones.
 A few minutes later, this happened.  Daylight Savings Time is not our friend.  The other day at 9:30am, she told me, "Mommy, I'm so tired! I need a nap!" and then she put herself down for a nap and slept for 2 hours which of course messed up the rest of our day.  Daylight Savings Time is ruining my life.
Also, because I can't help bragging about my kid, someone learned how to write her name.

Proud mama, right here.  In all fairness, her A's usually look more like H's, but this one turned out legible!

So that's what we've been up to, what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Totschies said...

I love these! And Ruby loved getting to hang out with you!

I am Bethany. said...

These girls are growing so fast! I can hardly believe it.