Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holy Moly

Okay, I know I've been MIA and for good reason, too.  Only too bad for you, I'm not going to give you details yet because a) I'm very tired from teaching all day on top of staying up until 2am the last four nights frantically getting some adoption stuff in under the wire, b) because I have too much to update on for one post (birthday parties, certain disobedient children turning THREE after I specifically told her not to get any older, adoption progress, and some other silly stuff) and c) I'm very tired.

But my Grandma is worried because I haven't posted in a long time (I'm still alive, Grandma!) so I thought I'd pop in and say some good stuff is coming and leave you with this fun little story.

The other day, Lila woke up from her nap and about ten minutes later said, "Mommy, do you remember when the elephant from Sesame Street was at the window?"

I thought she was talking about something that happened on Sesame Street so I said, "No, I don't remember that.  What was the elephant doing?"

"She was outside my window and she was jumping around and she woke me up!  I didn't like her!  I said, 'Stop stomping out my window, Elephant!'"

Then she ran to the window next to her bed and peeked out behind the blinds and said, "Mommy! The elephant's not there anymore!"

By this point I realize she had had a dream about the elephant outside her window.  I tried to tell her it was a dream - which she seemed willing to accept, but she still kept checking out the window for the elephant who woke her up with all that jumping around.

I love the little glimpse into her subconscious - it's the first time she's really been able to describe a dream in detail!

And probably she watches too much Sesame Street.

Because she also has taken to choosing random words and saying, "What's the word on the street? Pillow! What does pillow mean?" and then she makes me say what pillow means so that she can then say, "PILLOW! That's the word on the street!"  Pillow! Leggings! Hair Dryer! Chicken Nugget! That's the word on the street!

And just because I love you guys, here's a picture of how my girl rides in the embarrassingly large and impossible to steer car shopping cart at the grocery store.   I probably knock at least 8 things down every time she talks me into getting this cart.  And I don't even want to think about the swine flu that's probably been lurking under the steering wheel since 2009.

Put a check in the box next to "Giant Vehicle Shopping Carts" on the list of Things I Said I Would Never Do as a Parent that I Now Do Frequently Because, Duh Sanity is More Valuable Than Self-Respect.  I'm telling you, happy kid=happy mommy.  And boy, doesn't she look happy?

Okay, I promise to give you a real post soon.  (I love you, Grandma!)

1 comment:

Dana Butler said...

Um, yes, sanity is definitely more valuable. I love that picture. :)