Monday, December 3, 2012

new fundraiser: Make Way Designs

I opened an Etsy shop!

I opened my shop late at night a few weeks ago and naively expected to wake up to a bunch of orders.  It turns out there are a LOT of shops on Etsy and it's hard to even get seen by searchers without paying an arm and a leg for advertising.  So please spread the word about our little shop!  100% of the proceeds go to our adoption.  I have several prints that would be great for nurseries, several that would work in multiple spaces, a Christmas one, and an adoption one.

Prints are professionally printed on high-quality textured cover stock.  They are my original designs inspired by song lyrics, quotes from favorite authors, or children's books.  Here are the prints available for purchase through our shop.  All prints are $18 plus shipping (unless you're local to KC) and we'll see anywhere from $10-$15 of each sale after the cost of printing and packaging.

 (Note: these pictures have subtle watermarks on them to prevent unauthorized copying.  Prints ordered through our shop will be free from watermarks.)

I am also offering a customized Christmas card design service.  You can basically tell me what you want and I'll design something just for you.  Or you can choose from any of my stock designs - I have a few that you can stick your family photo in and they're ready to go!  For either, you can have up to three revisions and then I'll send you a high resolution JPG file which you can print at Costco or Target or your preferred photo printer.  Custom card designs are $20, stock designs are $15 and 100% of sales will go toward our adoption!  The first 5 customers get a 50% discount!  Contact me at makewayfortheawesomekid (at) gmail (dot) com to place your order!

I can also do shower or party invites, birth announcements, save the dates, etc.

Here are a few examples of cards I've designed:

This was our New Year's card when Lila was one.  
I wish this was our birth announcement.  I just made this one a few weeks ago.  We did a lame stock one from Costco's website, but I wish I would have done something more original like this.
This one is one I just made for fun just to play with fonts and banners, etc.
I designed these for our besties.  Genny told me what she wanted, sent me pics and I just played around for awhile until we found something we liked.  They had just moved to Manhattan - thus the Wildcat purple.
This isn't their address.  Duh.


And here are a few examples of a stock designs that you could just stick your own photo and text in.  I can also tweak the colors to coordinate with the photo you give me.  I pulled the colors for these cards from the colors in our clothes, etc.



Go check out my new Etsy shop and e-mail me to order your custom cards!

No comments: