Saturday, December 1, 2012

the WINNER

We had a total of 69 entries with a grand total of $447.89 raised after the cost of the doll!  So this morning I went to Random.org and entered in the number of entries we had.
Then I clicked Generate and it spun for a second before revealing:
So the winner is number 27!  Sylvia Barnhart!  Unlike 75% of the entries, I don't know Sylvia personally.  When she bought her tickets, she included this message:
We are in process (waiting to be matched) of adoption too!  Blessings on your little one! The Barnhart family
How fun that the winner is another adoptive family!  Congratulations to the Barnharts - both on winning our raffle and on your adoption!  Please consider checking out their blog and supporting their adoption as well!

And a huge thank you to everyone who entered the raffle!  We came in just barely under my unofficial goal of $500 and I'm thrilled with that!  As always, we are so grateful for the blessing of being a part of such a supportive community.

Just for grins (and because I'm kind of a math geek), I thought it would be fun to break down our entries to show how we know the people who participated in our raffle.

Ooooh!  Pie charts!  Pretty!  I know. I'm a nerd.

As you can see, by far the most entries came from families of my current and former students.  And this doesn't even show the extra gifts given by HCA families who joined our One of One Hundred Project!  This adoption alone, HCA families have given nearly $3,000!  I know I mention a lot how much I love my job, but seriously how many people have the gift of working in such a supportive environment?  I am grateful, humbled, blessed to be teaching at HCA.  So, a special thank you to my HCA family - staff and families.  I am so grateful for our little school and the people that make it what it is.  I tear up when I think about how much I love you all!  You bless our little family immensely.

And...now I'm crying.  Whew!  And after all the crying I've done the last 10 months or so, can I tell you how good it feels to be crying out of gratitude and love rather than disappointment and confusion?  Thank you, Lord for turning this mama's sorrow and sighing into gladness and joy!

Awake, awake, arm of the Lord,
    clothe yourself with strength!
Awake, as in days gone by,
    as in generations of old.
Was it not you who cut Rahab to pieces,
    who pierced that monster through?
10 
Was it not you who dried up the sea,
    the waters of the great deep,
who made a road in the depths of the sea
    so that the redeemed might cross over?
11 
Those the Lord has rescued will return.
    They will enter Zion with singing;
    everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
    and sorrow and sighing will flee away.


Amen, right?  When I get overwhelmed by the mountains we still have yet to climb, when I lose track of Who exactly has called us to this.  I need to ask the same question, "Was it not You who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep, who made a road in the depths of the sea so that the redeemed might cross over?"  It was!  And He will make a way for us, too.  He has already begun.

Check in on Monday for our new fundraiser announcement!

No comments: