Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 18

The things you say.

Tonight, after you had been in bed for about 10 minutes you yelled, "Mommy!  Mooooommmmmy!  I have a booooooggggeerrrrrrrr!"

And I thought, that's my thing I love about you today.  Not the booger part, but the way you consistently catch me off guard with cute/funny/witty/creative/surprising/thoughtful things you say.

Here are several of our favorites:

Me: Stop being so cute!
You: No! I'm going to be so cute some more!

To Daddy out of nowhere: Daddy? You're awesome.

In the back seat of the car after some quiet introspection: Mommy? I LOVE pink and purple and sparkly things.

To Lambie (your stuffed animal): Lambie! Stop being so wiggly!

To Daddy when we met him for lunch: Daddy, I haven't seen you in such a long time!

In the car at dusk: Mommy!  They already put the moon up!

Upon seeing the horses pulling the carriages on the Plaza: Gasp! Can I get in there????

In Target: Mommy, I wanted to play with those today and you say 'no' and that makes me so! sad! (a foot stomp accompanied each exclamation point)

To me one morning: I want Pop to come over and I want you to leave.

Your conversation with Lambie upon waking up from your nap one day: You know what, Lambie? This is not my Birdie Blanket anymore, it's yours now! (Singing) It's yooooooouuuuuurrrrsss!  This is your Birdie Blanket nooooooowwwwwwww!"

Struggling to put your shoes on: Oh my goodness! I'm having a rough time!

To me after you found one of your baby teething toys: Mommy! I'm going to give this to Baby Faith when she comes home!  Is that so nice of me?!

To Daddy after you almost ran him over running around the house: Oh! Sorry, Sir!

Pretending the thermometer is a phone: Hello? Yes? Your fever hurts? Okay, I will come help you.

You: Oh! Daddy forgot his hat!  Maybe we can call him!
Me: Sure, we can call him
You: (singing to the tune of Amazing Grace) I once was lost!  But now I found his haaaaatttttt! Maybe we will caaalllll hiiiiimmmmm!

You: Mommy, do you know what I love?
Me: (laughing) What do you love?
Lila: Little girl dogs and little girl cats and little girl lambs!

And I know I have shared this one before, but it is one of my all-time favorites.  Daddy was helping you get dressed and you objected to his clothing choice: No! Princesses don't wear jeans!

Oh, Lila.  You never cease to amaze and amuse me!  I love you!




No comments: