Monday, July 1, 2013

Okay.

Lila. Faith. I just want to take a minute to make sure you know that of all the mommies you could have, you were blessed with the greatest. I can't even imagine someone who could love you more, want to know each of you better than she does, or give more of herself to see you two at your best. One of the first things I ever saw in your mommy that made me want to be with her was the great mommy she was sure to be. And I was so right. Today is a sort of unofficial anniversary; ten years ago today I asked your mommy out for the first time, and to my delight she said okay. And if she hadn't, I wouldn't have the joy today that I have in her, and in the two of you. My hope is that you grow up learning from her how to love, how to be caring, how to be wise. She's a great teacher, so I don't think you'll have any trouble.

No comments: