Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bedtime Conversations: Lila 3 years, 8 months


Lila: Mommy, I'm scared when I'm by myself.
Me: You are never by yourself.  Who is always with you?
Lila: No, I mean when you aren't with me.
Me: Even when I'm not with you, who is always with you?
Lila: Jesus.
Me: That's right.  You're never by yourself because Jesus is always with you.
Lila: But I can't see him and I want to see him.
Me: Well, you can talk to him.  What do you want to say to Jesus?
Lila: Please come so I can see you, Jesus.
Me: What do you think Jesus would say?
Lila: "Okay, I will come."
Me: Do you think he would say, "Even when you can't see me, I am with you"?  Do you think he'd say, "You don't need to be afraid"?  Do you think he'd say, "I love you, You Are Mine"?
Lila: Yeah.
Me: You can talk to Jesus and listen for him to talk back to you.  And he will.  Sometimes you have to wait a little bit, but he always tells you what he wants you to know.
Lila: Mommy?
Me: Yeah?
Lila: I wish I could take my tongue out so that I can see what's on the back of it.
Me: stunned silence then laughter Lila, I love you.
Lila: Why?
Me: Because you're awesome.  Goodnight.

No comments: