Thursday, September 19, 2013

MFEO

The Husband and I were watching Parks and Recreation - the one where Andy Samburg guest stars as the park ranger who has no volume control on his voice.  It's one of the most quoted episodes in our house:

"HAVE YOU SEEN AVATAR? I NEVER SAW AVATAR.  I WANTED TO READ THE BOOK FIRST, BUT THEN I REALIZED THERE WAS NO BOOK VERSION OF AVATAR."

Classic.

Anyway, in the episode Jerry (who is described by Ron Swanson as "Both the schlemiel and  schlimazel of the office.") gets mugged in the park after being scammed into doing the unwanted task of refilling all of the hummingbird feeders around the city.  When the staff learns of Jerry's attack, they feel guilty for making fun of him so much and resolve to not mock him anymore.  Of course no sooner do they make that resolution, than Jerry provides them with multiple acts of stupidity and clumsiness that, on any other day, would result in everyone making fun of him.  Instead they are forced to painfully hold in their jokes and snide comments.



The Husband and I both laughed uncontrollably at the clip and then, through our laughter, we both said at the exact same time, "I forgot about the FART!"

Then we looked affectionately at each other and the Husband squeezed my hand.  I know what he was thinking, because I was thinking it, too.

MFEO.  Made For Each Other.*

*I learned that from Sleepless in Seattle

No comments: