Thursday, October 10, 2013

Grumpity-grump

In the interest of full disclosure, this is a post of whiney complaining.  I have had a severe case of the grumpies today and thus have had no patience for the following things:

- babies who put their feet in their mouth while I'm trying to feed them
- children who ask questions to which they already know the answer
- anyone saying my name and/or requiring something of me
- babies who eat paper after I've repeatedly told them "no"
- children who leave said paper on the ground
- slow pokes
- dogs
- babies who take insufficient naps
- children who sing too loudly or enthusiastically
- my messy kitchen
- babies who blow raspberries in my face when they have a mouth full of food
- slow drive-thrus holding my Dr. Pepper hostage
- children who tell me that I'm "not obeying Jesus" because I wouldn't get them french fries in the aforementioned drive-thru
- traffic jams
- wearing a swim suit (it was water therapy day at Faith's school)
- children who are distractible and flighty
- rapscallions
- babies who want to be held
- anyone or anything that keeps me from doing what I want to be doing (sleeping)

This is by no means an exhaustive list.  You wanna know who's not on that list?  The Husband.  He has earned an exemption because he came home from work early in response to a melodramatic SOS text from yours truly.  He's a good man and I don't deserve him.

Now, for the sake of everyone I may interact with tonight, I'm going to go take a nap.



1 comment:

Colleen said...

My favorite is

-children who tell me that I'm "not obeying Jesus" because I wouldn't get them french fries in the aforementioned drive-thru

I feel like I've had far too many of those days lately! Thankfully today is a new day!