Monday, January 13, 2014

10 funny things

I have all these random stories and pictures that aren't enough to make their own post, so I guess that means it's time for a post of numbered randomness.  Enjoy!

1. I try to keep a pad of paper and a pen in my purse so that we have something to pass the time at restaurants, doctor's offices, etc.  We were waiting on our food a few weeks ago and Lila was practicing her lower case letters.  Then she wanted me to draw a picture of her, but halfway through she decided she wanted to draw the legs.  This was the result:

 2. "Mommy!  Guess how many undies I'm wearing!"

3. The cold weather is not Faith's favorite.  She gasps in shock when we go outside and she catches her first breath of the frigid air.  I have taken to putting her in a onesie and tights underneath her clothes so that she has an extra layer of warmth.  Add in her puffy coat and the hat someone made us and I can barely handle the cuteness.
 4. Faith fell asleep in the car and when I went to get her out she had disappeared.
 Don't worry.  She could still breathe.
5. Lila has taken to sneaking into our bed in the middle of the night.  It's become a real problem.  Part of the problem is that she has figured out that the Husband is a heavy enough sleeper that he will lift her into bed and then have no recollection of doing so in the morning.  The other part of the problem is that the Husband doesn't seem to mind it as much as he should.  I'll never understand snuggly people.

6. Lila came running out of the bathroom the other day announcing proudly that she "went potty like a boy!"  The Husband began to congratulate her and then caught himself when her words sunk in, "Good joooo…wait.  What do you mean by that?"
She meant that she had lifted the lid and sat on the gross part of the potty.  Somewhere she had gathered that boys lift the lid to go pee, but hadn't put it together that they also stand up.  I took advantage of the teachable moment and took the opportunity to do a little age-appropriate education.  I sat her on my lap and drew her some illustrations.  
"Okay.  Everyone has a bottom and that's what we poop out of."
"Yeah," she agreed with a giggle.
"Well, boys have _____ and girls have ______."  (I'll let you fill in the blanks for the sake of protecting the blog from unsavory searches.)
I went on to explain why boys stand to pee and why girls sit.  Then asked her if she had any questions.  
"Yeah, I have a question."
I looked at the Husband and I think he was thinking the same thing I was.  Oh boy.  Here we go.
"Okay, what's your question?"
"Can I draw that, too?"
Really I think she was more excited to have the excuse to draw a potty than anything else.

7.  Lila had a little tea party with some distinguished guests.  She set this whole scene up by herself.  I love her imagination these days!

8. Look what I found on one of the sweet potatoes I bought!  I mean, it's no Potato Chip Mary, but it's something, right?

9.  Lila put on her Ariel wig the other day and Faith was less than thrilled.


10. I found this card on Urban Outfitter's website.  I think I need to give it to the Husband at least once a week because that is how often he is the recipient of some hunger-induced snippiness.  After nearly 8 years of marriage, he has learned how to not take it personally.  My friend Hannah calls it "hangry" - hungry+angry which I think is the perfect word for those of us who forget our manners when our tummies are rumbling.

No comments: