Thursday, June 26, 2014

Good News/Bad News

It's time, once again, for the Good News/Bad News game.

Good news: The Husband changed the oil in my car last night - three cheers for a handy husband!
Bad news: He accidentally took my keys to work this morning so I was late to work which means my friend whose kids I watch was late to work.  It's what I like to call the Running Late Domino Effect.  It's not as fun as real dominos.  Is real dominos fun?

Good news: There's a reason I've been really grumpy and emotional lately.
Bad news: It's not because I'm pregnant.  It's the other reason.

Good news: Faith's eczema may not be as bad as I thought.
Bad news: Turns out the eczema flair-up was actually Hand Foot and Mouth (ironically, the last time she had HFM was also the last time we played the Good News/Bad News game)

Good news: I no longer need to worry about putting our first dent or scratch in our "new" (10 year old) van.
Bad news: Some hooligan keyed the driver's side door overnight.  Stuff like that really burns me up and sends my Injustice Meter humming into overdrive.  To the Hooligan responsible for tattooing my car: Don't do that.  It's mean.

Good news: Lila's pre-school offered to let her move "up" into the Transitional Kindergarten class and attend an extra day for free if we want!
Bad news: The fact that her class is called "Transitional Kindergarten" is forcing me to face the facts that this is our last year before she goes to Kindergarten!  Excuse me while I take my hormonal self and go sob alone in my room for a bit.

Good news: We finally came to an agreement with the sellers of the house we are buying regarding repairs so we can officially start talking paint colors and furniture arrangements! (I'll introduce you to our new house soon!)
Bad news: I think both parties are feeling a little more stretched financially than we/they were hoping to feel at the end of all of this.

Good news: After taking Faith to the doctor I drove through Chick-fil-a to get the kids some nuggets and me a giant Dr. Pepper because caffeine and high fructose corn syrup solve any problem man can manufacture.
Bad news: (And I'm in denial about this one) Caffeine and high fructose corn syrup are not good for you.

That about does it, I think.  I have lots more to tell you, but I'm just too tired.

I want to tell you about the dumpling party that First Mama and First Baba threw for us and their English teachers and how the dumplings were sooooo yummy, but the left overs made our car smell like farts.
First Mama sent me this picture today.  She's in the red and First Baba is next to her.
And it's very important that you know that I got a bug bite underneath my wedding ring and it made my finger and knuckle swell up so badly that I couldn't get my ring off for three days.  Now I'm scared to put it back on.

I also want to tell you about how Faith starting walking behind a baby stroller like a big kid and how cute and proud she looks when she's cruising along with her Frankenstein legs.


And I want to tell you about all the cute drawings Lila has been creating.  Like this dinosaur smelling the flowers:

Also, I'd like for you to know about how Franny trapped a chipmunk in the downspout of my parents' gutter and utterly destroyed it in her fervor to consume said chipmunk.  She bent it so badly that the chipmunk couldn't get out and the downspout couldn't be reattached to the gutter.  Curses.

Oooh and I want to tell you that our family was featured in a little article about adoptive families on AllParenting.com!  Exciting!
I really want to tell you about those things, but I'm just too tired.  Maybe another day.

P.S.  Our friends' little guy is scheduled to have his 2nd heart surgery on Monday assuming he gets the all-clear from the docs tomorrow at his pre-admission appointment.  Please pray for a successful surgery which will hopefully be the last one he'll need for a few years.  If you missed it the first time, or just as a reminder, here's their Hope Story:
Hope Story: The Baldwins from gathering network on Vimeo.

No comments: