Friday, June 20, 2014

No one wants the squished sweet bread

"Lila! Look what happened!  You were leaning against the sweet bread* in the cart and now half of them are squished!"

"Oh."

"I guess those will be your rolls."

"No!  I don't want the squished ones!  Daddy and Faith can eat them."

"That doesn't seem fair.  Who squished them?"

"Me."

"So who do you think should eat the squished ones?"

"Daddy and Faith."

"I don't think Daddy and Faith will want them."

"Why?"

"Because they're squished."

"So?"

"Do you want them?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want the squished ones!  I want the good ones."

"Yeah, that's exactly my point.  No one wants the squished sweet bread."

Sometimes I spend 15 minutes having a conversation and afterward I wonder if it had any effect at all.

*In case you're wondering what in the world sweet bread is: deliciousness


No comments: